This is one of those posts with statistics about Romania's commercial relationships with other CEE countries - Austria, to be more specific.
The source for this statistics is this study released by the Commercial Service of the Austrian Embassy in Romania:
- Austria is the second foreign investor in Romania, after The Netherlands
- more than 1,000 active Austrian investors are present in Romania
- Austrian investment amounts for 9.35 BLN Eur and represents 18% of the FDI in Romania
- more than 6,100 companies with Austrian equity are established in Romania
- these companies employ over 100,000 people
- main sectors are: Resources | Agriculture | Industry | Services
- Austria is market leader in Banking and Insurance
- Austria is Top Investor in CEE: Romania, Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia.